| This is a 16 hour course and will run as follows:
Saturday March 12th & Sunday March 13th, 8AM - 4PM each day.
Testing will be accomplished upon completion of the course at 4PM.
Course will take place at:
The Sound School
60 South Water Street
New Haven, CT 06519-2822
This course provides training to mariners seeking their US Coast Guard Launch Operators License to operate Uninspected and Inspected Passenger Vessels upon Inland waters as specified in 46 CFR Part 10. It satisfies the classroom instruction and examination requirements listed in CFR 46.
The Launch Operator course is primarily intended for candidates for licensing as Operators of Uninspected and Inspected Passenger Vessels used as tender/launch service.
Students attending this course should have completed a minimum period of sea service time as follows:
- For a Limited OUPV (carry up to 6 passengers on Uninspected Vessel) - 3 Months / 90 Days Days underway on small power-driven vessels since age 16.
- For a Limited Masters (carry unlimited passengers on Inspected Vessel) - 4 Months / 120 Days Days underway on small power-driven vessels since age 16.
* A "day of sea service" is equal to 4 to 8 hours away from the dock
- The Limited Launch License is required to operate vessels carrying passengers for hire (i.e. yacht club, restaurant, marina tender service, etc).
- The minimum age is 17 years of age for the OUPV and 18 for the Masters.
- A drug test is required by USCG which can be completed at the time of your course
- Misdemeanors and DWI convictions will be reviewed by USCG and may affect your application
- Medical exam results will be reviewed by USCG
- Exam certificates are valid for 12 months
Still have questions? Give us a call at (516) 216-4410 or contact us at the e-mail address below.
All USCG approved license training courses conducted by Safe Boating America are as a licensed independent contractor and are delivered by Zenith Maritime LLC